From: "Kevin Hourigan via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: "Kevin Hourigan" <kevinthourigan@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2015 9:23 PM
Subject: RE: repairing jaws

Sorry if this already has been answered, but I was not sure if it was the
same request.
Cheers Kevin.
Repair Jaws 11, 12, 13, 14, or 15.
1. Place a copy of the Jaws executible version that you want to repair into
the main root of the " C " drive. For example; If you are running Jaws11
most recent you would paste a copy of " J11.0.1430-32bit.exe " into the main
root of the " C " drive. To open the main root of the " C " drive, go to
the desktop, press enter on My Computer, press enter on Local disk C, and
now you have the main root of the " C " drive open.
2. With the Jaws " .exe " pasted into the "C" drive, highlight the " .exe ",
and press F2 as if you were going to edit this line of text. now press
control + C to copy this Jaws executible, press escape to close the edit
field, and press Alt + F4 to close the C drive.
What you want to do is place just the title of the Jaws version into the
Windows Run Dialogue box and not the file. If you were to place the Jaws
executable into the Run box without copying as you did as per the
instructions above you would have pasted the whole file into the Run Box
instead of just the title.
3. Now that you have just the title copied to the clipboard, press Windows
key + R to open the Run Dialogue Box. Type, remember to type a capitalC ,"
C:\ " without the quotes or spaces and press control + V to paste the Jaws
title, press your end key to take the cursor to the end of the title and
type in the following " /type
repair" without the quotes but, with the spaces . Below is what your line
of text should look / read like. C:\J15.0.5056ENU-64bit.exe /type repair
Read character by character to make sure you have put in the proper spaces,
Forward & back slashes and text. press the home key to go to the front of
the title and press enter to start the repair.