Re: repairing jaws 16 on windows 10
I'm going to copy below the instructions as posted some time ago by Mike B. this comes straight from my files without reviewing for this post because I'm in a rush, so my apologies for any needless notes, etc. Despite the seeming complexity of these instructions, I remember the process went quickly for me.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Mike B. The steps below are the best, most in depth, and most thorough way of repairing Jaws according to Freedom Scientific Tech Support.
Note; jaws11 is the example, however, this will work for 12, 13, 14, & 15 as well.
1. Place a copy of the Jaws executible version that you want to repair into the main root of the " C " drive. For example; If you are running Jaws11 most recent you would paste a copy of " J11.0.1430-32bit.exe " into the main root of the " C " drive.
To open the main root of the C " drive, go to the desktop, press enter on My Computer, press enter on Local disk C.
2. With the Jaws " .exe " pasted into the "C" drive, highlight the " .exe ", and press F2 as if you were going to edit this line of text. now press control + C to copy this Jaws executible, press escape to close the edit field, and press Alt + F4 to close the C drive. What you want to do is place just the title of the Jaws version into the Windows Run Dialogue box and not the file. If you were to place the Jaws executible into the Run box without copying as you did, you would have pasted the whole file into the Run Box instead of just the title.
3. Now that you have just the title copied to the clipboard, press Windows key + R to open the Run Dialogue Box. For the following, remember to type a capitalC ," C:\ " without the quotes or spaces and press control + V to paste the Jaws title, press your end key to take the cursor to the end of the title and type in the following " /type repair" without the quotes but, with the spaces.
C:\J11.0.1447-32bit.exe /type repair
Read character by character to make sure you have put in the proper spaces, Forward & back slashes and text. press the home key to go to the front of the title and press enter to start the repair.
Still Mike B, A 2nd way to do the same thing, from: Brian Lee
After downloading the executable file, do the following to repair the installation:
1. Use Windows key with R to bring up the run dialog box.
2. Use tab key to the browse button and press spacebar.
3. Browse to the downloaded JAWS setup file and press enter key.
4. Use tab key to move to where JAWS says "open colon edit combo", press the end key and then press spacebar.
5. Type in /Type repair, (that is first type a slash followed immediately by the word type then a space and then the word repair.
6. Use tab key to the OK button and press enter key.
7. Follow the prompts.
From: Jfw [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Mark Furness via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2015 8:08 AM
Cc: Mark Furness
Subject: repairing jaws 16 on windows 10
My jaws programn is a downloaded file on my PC. I have gone there to do a repair, but when I hit the file , it does not give me the choice to do a repair.
Therefore, how can I do a repair?
Jfw mailing list