Re: A Script for Scripts

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

Good point.
There is, however, one big difference. Here, and I think most big organizations work the same, one cannot just load any application on a company computer.
I can install scripts without having to get the IT department to sign off on them or wait 6 months for the IT department to approve and "white list" the application or get an administrator to install.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Christopher Bartlett
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:22 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: A Script for Scripts

I understand not wanting to add another layer of program running in the
background, but in reality, a jaws script is in fact another program running
in the background, intercepting and interpreting input, modifying output
etc. If you run HotSpotClicker, which is a set of Jaws scripts, you are in
fact altering the way you interact with whatever program you're using HSC
with. This is no different than AutoHotKeys or its ilk. I think there is a
distinction without a difference here.

Chris Bartlett

#############################################################################################################
ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.