From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of john.falter via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2015 10:24 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: john.falter
Subject: Re: Word 2010 has been crashing lately

Hi Adrian:
In the last three months three things could have changed:
1. Word2010--not likely.
2. JAWS16--certainly including the update for Win 10.
3. Your PC--possibly if you got an unfortunate windows update or added
or removed some software.
Can you restore your pc to a point before the trouble started?

On 8/5/2015 8:36 AM, Adrian Spratt via Jfw wrote:
Hi. Word 2010 was always stable for me until the last few weeks. I've spoken to my tech guy who says none of his clients are having this problem. I'm the only one who has JAWS, which suggests the problem may lie with one of the recent JAWS updates and its interaction with Word and other programs running in the background.

I'll pause typing, and Word will announce it is closing. Usually it comes back quickly, but my focus has shifted to the top of the document. Once in a great while it doesn't come back, and I've lost some data this way. Fortunately, I've long made a practice of saving every few minutes, so this isn't a serious problem, but it is a distraction.

I located online instructions for running a Word 2010 repair, but my tech guy discourages me from taking this step because he's convinced the problem isn't with Word.

So, my question is whether anyone else has experienced problems along these lines in recent weeks? I'd like to contact FS and not have them come back with the standard, and I suppose understandable, "We can't replicate..." and "We haven't received reports...," etc.