Off-topic: Openbook and Pearl for solving captcha?

Amar Jain

Dear Listers And Moderator,
This time my question is related to Pearl and Openbook for solving captcha. I tried a lot to subscribe to open-book group on yahoo, but neither the request is approved nor the moderator of the group replies back to the email sent. Yahoo customer care also doesn’t do anything unfortunately. And that is why I brought this here.
In the latest podcast, one of the things explained was that If you do print screen, and run it through pearl, then there are chances of the captcha getting recognized and read.
Now since there is no option to just convert any image into text without taking snapshot through Pearl, does that mean that after doing print screen, you can take picture of your monitor and then can read it?
Or, is there any other way to which they are referring too in the podcast?
Any explanation may be sent to me off the list, since many of us would not want to read about openbook and pearl here.
Thanks And Regards,
Amar Jain.