Re: Optimizing Windows 8

Kelly Pierce

I used Windows 8.1 The Missing Manual by David Pogue. It is jammed
packed with information and fully describes both the destop version of
Windows 8.1 and the futureistic tile-based interface that was highly
criticized initially. The book describes how to navigate both worlds
seamlessly by explaining in understandable language and methods the
important new concepts.

BTW: I am sticking with Windows 8.1 for now. In the last podcast,
Freedom Scientific's lead developer issued a warning to end users
about upgrading to Windows 10 now. I accepted this communication with
the seriousness intended and will wait for further guidance this fall.

Kelly

On 7/23/15, Cristóbal via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hello Kelly,
Do you happen to recall the name of the Windows 8.1 book you used? I used a
bunch of BookShare books for Win7 and iOS when I first started to use those
OS's. They were all very helpful.
I’m thinking of upgrading to a Win 8.1 machine in the next few weeks when
all the back to school specials and dumping of 8.1 PC's begins with the
roll
out of Win10 and would like to familiarize myself with it so I don’t' go in
for lack of a better term, blind.
Thanks,