From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Kelly Pierce
via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 3:23 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Kelly Pierce
Subject: Re: Optimizing Windows 8

Before doing anything more, I strongly suggest upgrading to Windows
8.1, which is much better for a blind end user than Windows 8. After
that, I used a book about Windows 8.1 found on bookshare to introduce
me to the changes and the options for configuring my system for
Windows 8.1.

Kelly

On 7/22/15, Joseph Lee via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hi,
How familiar are you with Windows 7? If you know how to search for
programs
and files, then Windows 8.x isn't that different from Windows 7.
To locate programs you've installed, press Windows key to open Start
screen,
then provided you are greeted with tiles, press Control+TAB to show all
programs.
Cheers,
Joseph