Re: Pound Sign in Jaws

Adrian Spratt

Actually, you can make JAWS verbalize pound sterling on an American keyboard. I copied the symbol into my JAWS dictionary and spelled out pound for my "replacement word."

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of northstar1950--- via Jfw
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2015 7:55 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: northstar1950@okiespirit.net
Subject: Re: Pound Sign in Jaws

hmmm, turn numlock and hold your alt key down and
on the numpad while holding the alt key down
enter 156 and you when you release the alt key
you should have the sterling pound sign like this: £

of course, jaws will not say anything but the symbol is there.

Legend has it that on Saturday 7/18/2015 06:01 PM, Marsha via Jfw said:

<http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4>Click
here to check out my sendspace offerings!