Re: Outlook 2003 attachments

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

Thanks, Harry. Yes, that was going to be my fallback plan if I couldn't find
a better way. Unfortunately, the client I'm working with is not very adept
with computer technology. Saving attachments to her Documents folder would
inevitably lead to hundreds if not thousands of files in that location, as
she is not competent enough to manage her filesystem. So, I need a simpler
solution.

Okay, I had a chance to work with Outlook 2003 today, and I did manage to
find a direct way to access and open attachments. Here's what I do:
1. INSERT+A to move focus to and select the first attachment.
2. To open the selected attachment, hit context menu key and select open.
3. If I want a different attachment, use CTRL + right or left arrow to move
between and select different attachments. Open the desired attachment as
described in step 2.

It seems odd to me that I need to use CTRL + right or left arrow to move
between the attachments, but that's what works.

The good news about this method is that it doesn't involve complexities like
the JAWS cursor, or having to invoke a double click. These are tasks that
are beyond the comprehension of my client.

Thanks, everyone, for your tips and suggestions.
-Paul