Re: deleting all emails in gmail
Bill White <billwhite92701@...>
How to create a filter in your gmail account which will delete large groups of messages in your inbox.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
1. Sign into your gmail account using
your Internet browser.
2. Press Insert+F7 to open the links list.
3. Press the letter S until you hear Settings, then press Enter.
4. Press Insert+F7 to open the links list again.
5. Press the letter C until you hear Create a filter, and then press Enter.
6. Press the letter F until you hear From: Edit.
7. In this field, type *@*
8. Press Tab until you hear: Next Step Button and press the space bar.
9. When the next page loads, press the letter X until you hear: Delete it Check Box Not Checked. Press the space bar to check this item.
10. Press the letter X until you hear: Also apply filter to 20 conversations below Check Box Not Checked, and press the space bar to check this item.
11. Press Tab until you hear: Create Filter Button, and press the space bar. Your filter should now be created.
12. After your filter is created, press Insert+F7, then the letter I to be taken back to your inbox where you will see all of your messages still there in your inbox.
13. Close Internet Explorer to exit out of the gmail web page.
14. Sign into your gmail account using Internet Explorer again.
15. Go to your inbox, where you should see that it is empty.
16. Press Insert+F7 to open the links list.
17. Press the letter S until you hear Settings, then press Enter.
18. Press F7 for the links list, then press the letter F until you hear Filters, and press Enter.
19. Press the letter B until you hear: Delete It Button. Press the space bar.
20. When the page loads, you will hear JAWS say: Your filter has been deleted.
21. Be sure to do steps 14 through 18, or all of your e-mail will continue to be deleted and sent to the trash.
22. You may also give a date for deleting mail as in the folloing example:
In the "Has the words" field, type before:2010/01/01. This will delete all mail received before this date.
Bill White email@example.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "dennis via Jfw" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: "dennis" <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 1:39 PM
Subject: deleting all emails in gmail
can somebody help me with this. i did this several months ago but i cant for the life of me remember how to do it. i go to gmail and my all mail page. there is no way to select all the messages at once. btw i have tried this in original html and standered as well. any help is appriciated.
__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 11945 (20150715) __________
The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.