From: "Soronel Haetir via Jfw" <jfw@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Cc: "Soronel Haetir" <soronel.haetir@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: Does Kindle Work Well With JAWS?

My experience with the accessible kindle app isn't quite that bad but
still kindle is far from my first choice of format.

But then I have not tried it for anything reference or learning type,
only fiction so finding an exact spot hasn't been relevant to me.

Honestly my first choice is plain text, then RTF, followed by doc and
PDF. I have not tried epub, mostly because I have been unable to find
an epub reader that sounds at all accessible (my book port is supposed
to be able to deal with epub but I have not tried it).

Plain text does have the disadvantage of not being able to deal with
math type stuff very well, for that sort of thing both RTF and doc are
excellent. But I also understand why publishers don't make material
available in those formats, as they provide no real DRM protection.

On 7/7/15, Adrian Spratt via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
Rick,

I tried it several months ago with a book I needed to read on short notice.
I remember finding it extremely frustrating. As I recall, I couldn't stop
and have it start at the same point, but perhaps there's a bookmark function
that I somehow missed. As I recall, I also couldn't conveniently go back to
re-read a sentence or paragraph. As Soronel indicates, the voice was
horrible to listen to and hard to comprehend. In the end, I bought the
paperback and performed OCR on it so that I could read it with JAWS.