restoring file paths that have been corrupted

Ryan Coverdell

Recently I had some malware on my computer, and I had to have it
removed. The malware left most files with a brf extension alone,
probably 'cause the malicious person didn't know what they were. What
they did was rename a bunch of audio files, both audio recordings and
links to mp-3 streaming radio stations. They did this by putting an
xyz extension in the file and making the path unusable. Does this mean
that these files cannot ever be played again and should be deleted? If
not, how do you decrypt these corrupt files? Any information ASAP
would be greatly appreciated as the sighted person that helped me will
be doing some more work on my computer very soon. Thank you in
advance, Ryan Coverdell