From: Ed Marquette via Jfw
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2015 12:59 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Cc: Ed Marquette
Subject: RE: Jaws 16 issue with touch screen at login

Russel:
This has happened to me a couple of times. My sighted wife happened to be with me both times. I do not have a fool-proof solution, but my description of what is happening on the screen has inspired a couple of ideas of my own and may stimulate ideas from the other very knowledgeable people on this list.
My wife said it was as though the cursor was not in the password box. By cursor, I'm pretty sure she means the mouse pointer. Like most sighted users, she doesn't know the difference between the mouse pointer and the cursor. Anyway, she maneuvers the mouse pointer (using the touch pad and not the screen) to the password box, clicks the mouse once, and then asks me to type in the password. That has solved the problem every time.
I could loan you my sighted wife, but there are probably other, less inconvenient solutions.
You might try turning on the JAWS cursor and navigating to the password box. When there, do a simulated single mouse click.
If that doesn't work, you might try actually turning on the touch cursor. That is shift plus JAWS key plus semicolon. That should make your touch gestures perform better, but it sounds like that is working anyway.
Probably the best solution is to experiment while a sighted person is present. I'll do that, and if you do too, perhaps we'll find a solution. I'll post my discovery, if I find one.
I've had my Yoga since the first day Windows 8 was released, and this has happened only twice, but it was frustrating, and without sighted assistance, it would have been maddening.