From: "Dave Carlson via Jfw" <jfw@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Cc: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: Scanners., and open book

Carolyn,

Heed my earlier post. The Pearl camera is designed to work with Openbook,
and Openbook only. You cannot get it to work with other software
applications to scan in photos, etc. I recommend you stick to a mainstream
scanner, whether a standalone flatbed or the one Adrian recommends or a
3-in-1 unit. If a 3-in-1 I would steer toward Epson.

I have a standalone flatbed scanner Epson GT2500, which is a pretty large
workhorse scanner, and a Pearl camera for Openbook.

The one advantage to the Pearl is that I can pack it up and carry with my
laptop to meetings and scan in place any document handouts. Maybe Adrian's
scanner can do the same -- he could comment on portability.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and pioneer