From: "Russell Solowoniuk via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: "Russell Solowoniuk" <rsolowoniuk@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: Scanners.

I’m not sure about scanning pictures with the Pearl. Dan is right… the Pearl and OpenBook do have limitations… it all depends on what you wish to do. For me, I mostly use my iMac with a Canon MG6200 printer/scanner combo and it works very well. But, when I have a lot of mail to scan, I’ll fire up my laptop running Windows 8.1 and use my Pearl and Openbook to scan the mail because it’s so fast.

I’ve had good success with inexpensive flatbed scanners on my Windows machine, for example, a Canon, can’t recall the model, that I paid $80 for. I used OmniPage Pro to do the OCR.

So there are many choices, and, if you need to scan pictures and print then a 3-in-1 combo may be what you need.

Thanks,

Russell
On Jun 25, 2015, at 3:32 PM, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

OK - another wrung on this ladder to educate me.
With Pearl, could we scan photographs on it too?

Thanks.

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford.

Carolyn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Russell Solowoniuk via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>