From: "Marshall Scott via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: "Marshall Scott" <mfscott@me.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 5:10 PM
Subject: Re: Scanners.

Hi Carolyn,
I purchased an all-in-one printer last year and found out a couple of things. The first is that in order to place a document on the scanner bed;I had to put the scanner directly in front of me on my desk. This took up a lot of useful space. I also found that placing a document on the scanner while sitting down required stretching uncomfortably.
Also, if you don't do a lot of printing and don't need color printing. I'd get a laser printer. While the cartridge is more expensive than one for an inkjet printer, it lasts longer
Marshall

On Jun 25, 2015, at 1:49 PM, Carolyn Arnold via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

When I get my new computer at the end of the year or beginning of next, I intend to get a printer with fax and scanning capability.

So, I'm wondering, as a totally blind user of JAWS, is there a special scanner I have to get for it to be accessible? Are some scanners out there more accessible than others?

What is Open Book? I have heard of it. Would I be limited to getting that or something like that?

Thanks.

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford.

Carolyn