From: "Daniel McBride via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: "Daniel McBride" <dlmlaw@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:50 PM
Subject: RE: Scanners.

Carolyn:

I have Open Book with the Pearl Camera Scanner. I rarely use it due to its
limitations. I recently purchased an HP Office Jet Pro 8620
printer/copier/scanner and Adobe Pro X software to be able to edit and read
the scans. This works much better than the Open Book & Pearl Camera.

Mitchell is correct about my need to have a sighted person assist me with
the scanning, but I simply accept that as part of life.

My HP unit was $279, on sale, at Best Buy, and the Adobe Pro X will run
about $450. However, when I obtained the Open Book & Pearl system 3 years
ago, it was near $1000. I have no idea what it would cost today, but I
prefer the flat bed HP scanner with Adobe Pro X. I, too, will be getting a
new PC soon and I do not intend to download my Open Book & Pearl system on
my new PC. That's just me. Others might disagree.

Daniel