From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Russell Solowoniuk via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 11:25 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Russell Solowoniuk
Subject: Jaws 16 issue with touch screen at login

Hi everyone,

I am running Jaws 16 on a Lenovo Yoga Pro2 laptop. It has a touch screen, which I hardly ever use. I am running into an issue when my laptop goes to sleep. It goes to the Windows lockscreen. In the past all I had to do was press the power button on my laptop and I would be taken to the Windows lock screen where I could simply tab to the password field, enter my password, and I’d be right where I left off when my laptop went to sleep.

Now, however, every time my laptop goes to sleep, when I press the power button nothing seems to happen. If I touch the screen though, Jaws is running and I can swipe to the various choices, i.e. password, shutdown, etc. but I cannot do anything. Double-tapping on the password field does nothing. Double-tapping on the shutdown button does nothing. And, nothing happens when I try to use the keyboard. It’s as if Jaws is in touch screen mode and the keyboard is not at all active. I called FS, and the guy there didn’t have a clue as to what to do. He suggested that I turn off the lock screen. I may do this, but at the moment I cannot get in to Windows at all. I press and hold the power button to turn off my laptop, but, when I turn it on, nothing happens… not evenwhen I touch the screen.

So, my question… is there a keystroke I may have accidentally pressed to put Jaws in some sort of touch screen mode?

Thanks for any and all ideas!

Russell