From: "Hassan via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: <dreamy.eyes.ten@googlemail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 12:14 PM
Subject: Re: Blogging and reformatting

Hi all

I know Kevin, I think it was who told me how to format in word. But is there a way of reformatting a document, where all the headingfields etc is taken out of the document? For example if I copy text from a website and paste it into word, jaws reads it funny and it looks odd too, so is there a way of just making the document into a clean cut word document?

I hope it makes sense.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

On 19 Jun 2015, at 6:10 pm, Kevin Hourigan via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hello Hassan,
I am interested in learning about blogs as well, but have little personal experience. Word press appears to be most popular among Jaws users Here is some information about Word Press I copied from a letter to The Jaws List a while ago. .
Where is my WordPress page? What’s the address?
Unless you’ve customized it, your WordPress page address is your username, plus “.wordpress.com”. For example, If your username is “tomsmith”, then your address is tomsmith.wordpress.com.
If you’d like to view your WordPress page while you’re logged in to WordPress, try the following:
1. Follow the “My Site” link. It’s the first link on most WordPress pages.
2. This takes you to a page containing statistics for your page. However, on this page, you’ll find another link, labeled “View Site”. Follow that link.
3. Your WordPress page will open as a new tab. Each blog is a heading, so use H or SHIFT+H to move between blog articles.
Because it’s in a new tab, you can switch back to the previous page with CONTROL+!, then to your WordPress page with CONTROL+2. While viewing your WordPress page, you can close it with CONTROL+F4.
How to create a new blog.
1. From the main wordpress page, arrow down to the link “New Post”. Follow that link
2. Find the “Title” form field and press ENTER to start editing. Type in the title of your blog post.
3. Arrow down about 20 times until you hear “Edit”. Press SPACEBAR to activate this control. You are now editing the body of your post. Type in your post, or paste it, as needed.
4. When you’re done, hit tab to leave the edit area. This takes you to the “Publish” button. Activate this button with SPACEBAR.
5. Your blog is now published, but WordPress leaves you in edit mode on your blog, so you can make additional changes if needed.
6. If you want to save an intermediate draft and come back to publish later, there is a “Save Draft” button near the “Publish” button.
How to get the web address of a specific blog
Go to your WordPress page, and find the blog you’re interested in. Each blog is a heading, but is also a link, so you can find it easily with INSERT+F7. Follow the link to your blog post. Then use ALT+D to go to the address bar and copy the address.
How do I get a simple list of my blogs?
1. Follow the “My site” link (usually one of the first links on any WordPress page).
2. Bring up the list of links, then find and follow the link labeled “Blog posts”.
3. Each blog article is a header. Use INSERT+F6, or H and SHIFT+H, to find your blog article.
After you find your blog article, arrow down or TAB down to find related information and links pertaining to that article, including an “Edit” link that lets you make changes.
How do I edit a post after I’ve published it?
Go to your WordPress page (or bring up the list of blog posts), and find the header for the blog you want to edit.
Press TAB 2 or 3 times until you find the “Edit” link, then press SPACEBAR to follow it. Note that there are multiple links labeled “Edit”, one for each blog article. So be sure to follow the first “Edit” link after the header for your blog. This should only be about 2 or 3 TAB presses away. If you hear the title for another blog, you’ve probably tabbed too far. SHIFT+H back to the blog article header and try it again.
How do I find a saved draft?
Go to your list of blog posts (that is, follow the “My Site” link, then follow the “Blog posts” link). On the page containing the list of your blog articles, find and follow the “Drafts” link.
Can I customize my page?
From the “My Site” page, find and follow the link called “Themes”. This lets you pick a look and feel for your WordPress page. It might be helpful to have assistance from a sighted person for this task.

For formatting in Word try control, shift S, or Alt H, L, A, to get to styles, and tab to modify button, press space bar, and then tab to select font size, colour, indentation spacing etc.

The following are the only directions for Wi-Fi I have;
Wi Fi
1. Type control panel in search menu, and press enter.
2. Type network in search menu
3. down arrow to connect to a network
4. press enter.
5. you are on the menu of available wireless network connections
a. Current connection is at the top.
b. down arrow to desired connection
c. press enter.
6. To exit the wireless connection network menu ; press escape.

-----Original Message----- From: Hassan via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:34 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: dreamy.eyes.ten@googlemail.com
Subject: Blogging and reformatting

Hi guys

I was just wondering what is the most accessible blogging website with jaws? Also How do I reformat in word, I ask because I've been posting blogs and the text and the format in general has been all over the place, and finally are there short cuts to finding new wireless connections quickly?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
HK

Sent from my iPhone