From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
via Jfw
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 3:18 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Soronel Haetir
Subject: Re: Installation of today's new JAWS release

Hi,

I've noticed lately that most reboots after installation take significantly
longer than I would expect (even taking into account that reboot after
install won't have the normal decreased boot time associated with win8.1).
Given how simply turning off a booting system is one of the few remaining
ways to mess up an operating system install I would suggest waiting much
longer than five minutes before assuming that the reboot is hung. My jaws
upgrade took close to that today and I've had a few MS updates take more
than 20 minutes after reboot, but the point is that the system did
eventually come around.

On 6/22/15, Adrian Spratt via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
When I rebooted an hour ago, I was notified of a new JAWS release.
Against my better judgment, I went ahead with the installation. As
usual, I was required to reboot on completion. After about five
minutes, I decided something was wrong because the rebooting process
got hung. So I shut down the PC and restarted. It took a while, but
eventually the PC came back to life and JAWS reloaded. Ultimately a
good result, but the experience brought back bad memories of earlier
JAWS releases. In the future, I'll make sure to have sighted
assistance nearby when I install a new JAWS release, just in case. I
wonder if this process went more smoothly for others.