From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Rahul Bajaj
via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 1:53 AM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Cc: Rahul Bajaj
Subject: I3 v. I5 processor from the standpoint of a JAWS User

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a new laptop and am confused between two
machines: Dell Inspiron 3148 and 7348. My confusion stems from the fact that
the former runs on an I3 processor, whereas the latter runs on an I5
processor. While I have been able to acquire a fairly detailed understanding
of the differences between these two on the basis of some online research, I
would be extremely grateful if any of you could speak to the differences
between these 2 processors from the standpoint of a JAWS user. More
specifically, I am a law student and use my laptop for reading a lot of
documents, using MS Office, email, social networking and am acquired to use
highly advanced MS Word functions like track changes and footnotes all the
time. Further, I have to work with multiple applications like Adobe Reader,
MS Word and a web browser simultaneously. I am really frustrated with the
performance of the machine that I currently have, as it runs on a Dual Core
processor and merely has 2gb RAM.
While I am really keen to go for the Inspiron 7348, it is a lot more
expensive than the 3148 which is why I am not sure which one I should
choose.
Any concrete suggestions would be immensely appreciated.

Best,
Rahul