Re: new laptop user with jaws 16

dennis

that is very informative. thank you very much. i am going to get a usb keyboard so i can stay with the desktop layout. i am not going to be using this machine as a primary computer so i really don't wan't to have to memorize all the other keystrokes for jaws that seam quite different on a laptop. thanks for your input.

On 6/4/2015 2:34 PM, Roy Dubriel via Jfw wrote:
Hi, Dennis, I am also a Jaws16 laptop home user with Window7 ,but I use the desktop keyboard because the laptop keyboard is small,my desk is tall, and my fingers are too big for the laptop keyboard , so I recommend you switch from one to the other and go with the one that is best for you . Roy Dubriel

-----Original Message----- From: Maria Campbell via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2015 2:30 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Maria Campbell
Subject: Re: new laptop user with jaws 16

They both work well, except that one doesn't work from the bed. Smile.

On 6/4/2015 11:55 AM, Dennis via Jfw wrote:
wich one works better.

On 6/4/2015 10:21 AM, Maria Campbell via Jfw wrote:
I have both.

On 6/4/2015 10:59 AM, Dennis via Jfw wrote:
i also wondered about that. do you use a usb keyboard? or a wireless
one.

On 6/4/2015 9:56 AM, Maria Campbell via Jfw wrote:
I don't know if you might consider using an external keyboard? That
way nothing will change.
That's how I run my laptop.

On 6/4/2015 10:42 AM, Dennis via Jfw wrote:
hi list. i just ordered a hp laptop. its a windows 7 64
professional. as
i said in the subject i'm also using jaws 16. i would just like to
know
the best way of learning the laptop after only using a desktop up
until
now. thanks for any sugestions.