From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ariel via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 11:59
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Ariel
Subject: Re: Broadcasting advice with JAWS

Hi Michael,
Thank you for your information. So, if I do not have any experience in
this, I will not be accepted in the course?
Thanks for the suggestions. I have heard of some of these programs
mentioned here. Now, what I am also wondering is if there are some
online classes specifically for the blind so I can get some experience
before I head to college?
On 5/28/2015 11:30 AM, Michael Mote via Jfw wrote:
As a communications major, I will say that you need to have experience
using
several audio editing software. Some of the most common that are used in
professional setting include, Sound Forge and Adobe Audition. I'm not
sure
how accessible these are now. They used to work fairly well with JAWS. I
haven't used later versions of these programs in quite awhile. Audasity
is
free as others have pointed out here on the list. If they will let you
use
this one for editing projects, go for it. You should be familiar with the
others, as they are the standard ones used in the industry.