Re: JAWS stays silent when typing passwords in Internet Explorer

Brice Smith

Sameer, I am experiencing the same problem, and I just bought a new
Windows 8.1 laptop and installed JAWS 16 off the FS website last
night.

On 5/23/15, Sameer via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Dear List friends,

I have been facing a strange problem during the past couple of days & don’t
know if it is JAWS-related.

Previously, JAWS used to say “star, star” when I typed passwords in Internet
Explorer. But now JAWS stays silent. I know that the password is getting
typed because the star symbols appear on the screen & pressing Enter after
typing the password performs as expected.

I am using JAWS 16 on a computer running Windows 7 OS.

Kindly inform me how I can get JAWS to speak again when typing passwords.

Thanking you all in advance for any & all assistance.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey,
Mumbai, India