From: Sameer via Jfw
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 11:44 PM
To: JAWS Windows List
Cc: Sameer
Subject: JAWS stays silent when typing passwords in Internet Explorer

Dear List friends,

I have been facing a strange problem during the past couple of days & don’t know if it is JAWS-related.

Previously, JAWS used to say “star, star” when I typed passwords in Internet Explorer. But now JAWS stays silent. I know that the password is getting typed because the star symbols appear on the screen & pressing Enter after typing the password performs as expected.

I am using JAWS 16 on a computer running Windows 7 OS.

Kindly inform me how I can get JAWS to speak again when typing passwords.

Thanking you all in advance for any & all assistance.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey,
Mumbai, India