Re: default view details

Mario

well, I did as you directed but I wanted the change to affect all the folders, so whether I open this folder/subfolder or that folder/subfolder, the details would remain the same. but oh well, one of those annoying querks I guess...
I'm wondering if changing the view to list would make a difference?

On 5/22/2015 7:30 PM, Bill White via Jfw wrote:
I guess I wasn't clear enough. What must be done is to set a top-most folder to your liking, then follow the instructions I gave before. This way, subfolders of that folder will be changed to that setting. If you want other folders which are not subfolders to be changed, you will need to repeat the same operation. I also hear that sometimes, Windows does not retain the setting, no matter how it is done.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mario via Jfw" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: "Mario" <mrb620@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: default view details

Bill, I opened a folder and set the view details to my liking (alt+v then h, used alt+d or alt+u to adjust position of detail).
after following the directions that you offered:
I backed out and opened another folder with different file types.
the order of details did not carry over from the first folder.
ditto my original query.

On 5/22/2015 11:18 AM, Bill White via Jfw wrote:
Hi, Mario. I think Carolyn believed you wanted to set all folders in your e-mail client to look the same. I don't think this was what you were asking about. I believe you were wanting to have all the details about your folders on your hard disk displayed the same. In case this is what you wanted, instructions are below.

To apply a view to all subfolders:

1. navigate to the folder that has the desired view already applied.

2. Press Alt+t to go to the tools menu.

3. Use the arrows to navigate to "folder options".

4. Click on folder options.

5. Press CTRL+tab to get to the "view" page.

6. Use tab to get to the "make all folders the same" option.

7. Make sure to click any apply and OK options.