Re: installing jaws without burning a key

2.g.i <2.g.i.84972@...>

Hi, I cant test this at the moment, but by the sound of it you have nothing to loos.
Im asuming that windows is still starting up ok?
if so go to the program files folder & to Freedom Scientific & coppy the 2 folders,
Activator, & Authorization
Coppy them onto a flash stick or external drive.
If it wont let you coppy them, you may need to stop jaws from starting on reboot & use NVDA to coppy them.

after you reinstall the system, re install jaws & I would suggest you set jaws not to start automaticly & then reboot, then use NVDA to coppy the 2 folders you coppied before back into the Freedom Scientific folder over writing the existing ones.

As I said havent tested this but because you are reinstalling your system with out any hardware or OS changes this may work, & you wont need to use another auth key.

Good luck,
let me know how you go.

At 07:41 AM 9/11/2011, you wrote:
Hi,

Someone had a file or set of instructions to install jaws without burning a
key. The instructions were for XP. My question is has anyone here used those
instructions using windows 7?

I am having serious computer issues and I need to reset my laptop to factory
default, which will require me to reinstall jfw.

I have been trying to research a solution to the three problems I have been
experiencing but google is no help at the moment? I want to set my laptop to
factory defaults because I am about to pull my hair out but before I do can
someone verify if it works on win 7? If not, I will do it and just use
window eyes and NVDA until Monday lol.

Laters.