Re: Problem highlighting and copying web addresses

Brad Martin

Tom,

This behavior actually makes sense if you understand what's visually happening. Let me help.

1. When you press control L, Alt D, or F6, your cursor moves to the address bar, and the address is highlighted. So pressing Control C will copy that which is highlighted, in this case the address in question.

2. If you press the up or down arrow, you instead trigger a listing of recently visited addresses to start appearing, and at that point, you're selecting different addresses from your past history to replace the current address. That's why your current address disappears and is replaced by one of the others.

So when you thought you were double checking things, you were actually asking to change the current address to another recently visited website from your recent past history.

Does that clarify things?

Brad

On 5/17/2015 5:20 PM, Tom Behler via Jfw wrote:
Ok, Adrian.

This must be my mistake then, because as soon as I started using my arrow
keys to double-check things, the URL address went away.

It doesn't seem to me like this should happen, but at least now I know how
to work around the issue.

Thanks very much.

Dr. Tom Behler