Re: Track changes in Word 2007/2013

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi again,

I have one more question regarding track changes. When I arrow through
my document, and come to a line that has a comment, the Jaws voice
changes to Rocko when reading the comment. Is there a way to prevent
the Jaws voice from changing when it reads a comment?

Thanks,

Russell

On 5/14/15, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Ed,

Thanks so much! You saved me a lot of time combing through the archives.

You guys are great!

Russell

On 5/13/15, Ed Marquette via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Russell:
I just reviewed Paul's very thorough tips on using track changes in Word.
think I was in that thread with Paul, and I cannot think of a thing he
left
out.
You should know that turning on the quick access keys with JAWS key plus
is pretty much useless in large documents. So, don't rely on that.
Also, don't rely on JAWS to give you the colors of the added and deleted
text. In the end, that's not all that important because the colors
depend
on everyone's computer. So a deletion that is in red on your computer
may
be green on someone else's computer.
In the verbosity settings, turning on "count" is crucial. That way
you'll
know if there has been a change in a line if you are reading by line.
This
is not too reliable if you are jumping by paragraph. JAWS won't always
tell
you when an entire paragraph has been deleted if you are jumping through
document with control plus down arrow.
Paul is also right about sighted users having some of the same problems,
especially in identifying who made what changes. JAWS will actually
announce the names. Sighted users have to jump through way more hoops to
figure out who made what change -- particularly when there have been 4 or
5
people editing a document.
Good luck.
Ps
As frustrating as JAWS is on track changes, the other screen readers
either
don't attempt to follow track changes or do so crudely.