From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Jimmy Jones via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:03 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Jimmy Jones
Subject: JAWS Not Reading Links

Good morning to everyone,

I have a strange JAWS problem where JAWS 16 will not read or recognize links or other elements that appear on the screen.

I had this issue with JAWS 14 and 15, but JAWS 16 seemed to fix everything.
However, a day or two ago, it started to do the same thing.

For example, I would type in a search term and press the enter key and the information would appear on the screen as usual. But JAWS would not read it.
It would not recognize links, headings, combo boxes, etc. In short, it would ignore the information generated by the search. It reads the information that was present on the screen before the search, but not the result. I did get a message saying that there are no aria controls on the page. I should mention that the result is present on the screen and that a sighted person has no difficulty using it.

I am using JAWS 16, Windows 7, I.E. 11.

Thanks for your help.