Re: Virtual vs. Ribbon: was JAWS Shortcut for column sizing

Dave...

Paul
No, unless freedom scientific have change something, first letter navigation does not work with virtual ribbon menu.

Dave Carlson
Sent from my iPhone using the handwriting feature.

On May 13, 2015, at 11:42, Paul Martz via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hey guys, thanks for the discussion and info. It's good to know that first
letter navigation works with the virtual ribbon. I'll give that a try and
see if it weans me off the MS ribbon interface.

Which method works best probably depends on which one you learned first, or
have used most, over time. I think either one can be used efficiently. I
just wish there was an easy way to switch between them. I just used the new
v16 Search Command feature to look for a JAWS hot key to toggle virtual
ribbons on and off, and there is none as far as I can tell. The only way I
know to toggle it on and off is to use the Startup Wizard. This makes it
quite painful to toggle between interfaces. I imagine most users would want
to set this once and never change it, and I'm the only idiot who wants to
change it on the fly. Ha ha.
-Paul