From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Paul Martz via
Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:43 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Cc: Paul Martz
Subject: RE: Virtual vs. Ribbon: was JAWS Shortcut for column sizing

Hey guys, thanks for the discussion and info. It's good to know that first
letter navigation works with the virtual ribbon. I'll give that a try and
see if it weans me off the MS ribbon interface.

Which method works best probably depends on which one you learned first, or
have used most, over time. I think either one can be used efficiently. I
just wish there was an easy way to switch between them. I just used the new
v16 Search Command feature to look for a JAWS hot key to toggle virtual
ribbons on and off, and there is none as far as I can tell. The only way I
know to toggle it on and off is to use the Startup Wizard. This makes it
quite painful to toggle between interfaces. I imagine most users would want
to set this once and never change it, and I'm the only idiot who wants to
change it on the fly. Ha ha.
-Paul