Re: Necessity For Java?

Ryan Coverdell

I would rather listen to streaming audio via a default player like
windows media or real player. But many streaming audio, (especially
major sites like IHEART media, require some sort of web-based player.
So if you use your computer for streaming audio it might be good to
leave java installed. I'm not a tech person, but I have found that
sometimes small changes you make in a set-up can have consequences you
might not know about for a while. So I would somehow turn off the
up-dates but not uninstall it unless you're sure that you don't need
it for the programs you use. Regards, Ryan Coverdell from
Montana

On 5/13/15, Tom Behler via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I am posting this quiry to both the JFW list, and the Jaws users list, so I
hope this is ok.

My question is as follows: How necessary is Java for today's computer
applications?

I seem to be having a problem with constant updates slowing down my
computer, and getting in the way of Jaws, and am seriously considering
uninstalling Java.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan