Re: Necessity For Java?

cecropia64

I'm not an expert by any means but I uninstalled it quite a while back and haven't had an issue. Besides this, all the hoopla about how unsecure it is made me get rid of it. You just don't need it unless you have applications that require it. Why bother with it if you don't have anything that uses it.

On 5/13/2015 11:18 AM, Tom Behler via Jfw wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I am posting this quiry to both the JFW list, and the Jaws users list, so I
hope this is ok.

My question is as follows: How necessary is Java for today's computer
applications?

I seem to be having a problem with constant updates slowing down my
computer, and getting in the way of Jaws, and am seriously considering
uninstalling Java.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan