Re: Excel shortcut for autofit?

Marianne Denning

You have to select all of the columns you want to auto fit. I usually
get everything entered, select all of the columns I have been working
in then use the command, alt h, o, i.

On 5/13/15, Mario via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Paul, does the column have to be selected before issuing the non JAWS
keystroke?

On 5/12/2015 9:29 PM, Marianne Denning via Jfw wrote:
I use the command you just gave on a regular basis. It really doesn't
take very long.

On 5/12/15, Paul Martz via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hi all. I'm using current JAWS 16 and MS Office 2010.

In the ribbon UI, "Home" tab, "Cells" submenu, there is a "Format" drop
down
button, and on the drop down menu there is an option "AutoFit Column
Width",
which I'd think would be particularly useful to us blindies as most of
the
other options for changing the column width require at least some
vision.

The non-JAWS command to get to this is Alt followed by H, O, I.

Is there a more concise shortcut available for this command? Or should I
just add it to the Quick Access Toolbar?

Thanks,
-Paul