http://www.sfcasting.com/brandonkeith

From: "Chris Smart" <csmart8@cogeco.ca>
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:16 AM
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Brandon, sorry but your unsubscribe key command idea is rediculous. I hope you were kidding! *LOL* If that was your intent, great; really funny post! While we're at it, let's add a function that, every time it senses someone typing the phrase "How do I". Once detected, the Jaws voice could then pipe up and say "did you check online help and the web first?"

OH, and of course we need a single keystroke to fire up google and somehow read your mind and determine what you are trying to find out, type it into the Google search box, and then take you to the best search result, all automatically. Of course, such a mind reading function would have to filter out all the "oh god please don't punish me, you are all wondrous and knowing", and "oh dear, how many calories are in this?" and other such mental musings.

People just need to either 1. make a note of how they joined the list in the first place, or 2. keep the instructional email sent to them when they joined, or 3. read the bottom of every freaking post to the list and follow the link.

If you can operate a keyboard, surely you can engage your brain enough to do one of those things.

It amuses me that most of these "you must unsubscribe me now or else" tantroms come from people in the USA, where being able to look after oneself is a prised political principle. Get the government out of my life, but oh, if only they could unsubscribe me from the list...

That initial email from the list when you join usually contains a phrase like "keep this in a safe place, it's important! You may wish to refer to it later!" I guess nobody actually does that.

Chris

At 06:37 PM 9/9/2011, you wrote:
It has just been on this list where I've received hundreds of emails dealing with unsuscribing... Maybe it would be a good and valuable thing if FS made a key command to unsubscribe from a mailing list. It would have to be rather complex, but I think It would be worth FS's investment because it appears so many Jaws users have problems unsubscribing from Email lists.
Either that or could the Admins please block all emails that come into this list that contain the word "Subscribe*"?
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs

Check out
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/brandonkeithbiggs