Re: HJPad

Maria Campbell

That's incredible!
Why on earth would Freedom Scientific want to hide all those programs in such a ridiculous manner?
Why not name that folder something more meaningful such as ... I don't know.
Let's have a contest to come up with a more meaningful folder name and suggest it to FS?

On 5/11/2015 4:52 PM, Londa Peterson via Jfw wrote:
I recently saw that someone was wanting to find HJPad and couldn't do so. In
Windows 7, this is fairly easy, but not so in Windows 8.1. I got curious, so
I started looking around. I finally found it, and here's how I did it.

1. Press the Windows key to get to the start screen if you aren't
already there.

2. Tab once. You will land on a button that says apps.

3. Press the space bar to activate this button.

4. You will then be presented with a very long list of everything that
is on your computer. Type jaws. It will automatically go into the search
box.

5. Start arrowing down. The item you want is called "utilities JAWS
16." I assume if you're using a different version number you would find the
same thing with the number of your JAWS version. I only have 16 on the
particular machine I tested on.

6. Press enter on this item, and you will find all of the things you
used to find in the JAWS program group in all programs on older versions of
Windows.

Hope this helps someone out.