Re: getting audio to play on default player

Brad Martin

Generally these players are flash driven, or they use some other proprietary player designed to flash ads across your screen while you listen. Therefore, they really don't like it when you break the system and force the audio to play in your media player of choice. Having said that, if you view the source of the page and you know how to read it, sometimes you can figure out the URL of the audio that the player is calling, and you can ask your media player to call that audio. Sometimes I'm successful at this, and other times I'm totally not. It's all according to how the page was built.

Brad

On 5/8/2015 6:30 PM, David Moore via Jfw wrote:
I know exactly what Keith is talking about. Many times, I will get on
ESPN or many other sites, and the video or audio will begin playing.
It seems to be a player that is a part of the website itself. How do
you get this audio or video material to play in Windows Media Player,
for example. On ESPN and other sites, it just starts playing, and I
cannot control it at all. I can't play, pause, or anything like that.
What do you do about this to either be able to control what you are
hearing in that website or to be able to over-ride that and get it to
play on your default player on the computer? Thanks a lot. Thanks
Keith for bringing this up! I better say this LOL, I am using Windows
8.1, JAWS 16, and I am using an Asus laptop 64 bit lol!

Brad Martin