Re: Reading long documents - Two questions on voices

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

That would be perfect for note taking, rather like hitting the pause button on the recorder years ago.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 5:53 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Adrian Spratt
Subject: RE: Reading long documents - Two questions on voices

The hybrid solution for me is to go paragraph by paragraph with control-down arrow. It usually enables me to absorb a manageable amount of information and keeps me relatively anchored. The JAWS cursor stays at the start of the paragraph, so finding a word or phrase can take a moment, but it's a minor inconvenience when reading long text.