From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ali
Abdolrahmani via Jfw
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 12:05 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Ali Abdolrahmani
Subject: Reading long documents - Two questions on voices

Hi,
I am a PhD student. I have to read many long papers and text books.
When I read technical papers, I have the following concerns and I would like
to know if any of members have suggestions or solutions:
1. I use sentence by sentence reading command of Jaws to be able to capture
as much as I read while reading. I pause between sentences and sometimes
take notes. My problem is when the cursor goes to the next paragraph, I
don't have any idea that the paragraph has changed.
Understanding the change in paragraph helps when you like to organize your
mind about the flow of concepts. Is there any solutions or workarounds that
we can receive an audio feedback when the cursor goes to next paragraph?

2. Second, for long and complex technical papers, I use expressive voices to
sound to me more naturally and not make me tired. My problem is that I need
to slow down the speed of the voice to be able to follow the complex
structure of my papers. I wish I could change the pause length between words
and after punctuations instead of slowing down the entire reading. Slowing
down the entire reading makes me tired after some while. Is there any high
quality synthesizer alternative voices that we can do this? I hope I could
express what I mean well enough for folks.

Regards
Ali

--
Best Regards