From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Michal Nowicki
via Jfw
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2015 2:16 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: google translator?

I just tried out Google Translate with JAWS, and I think I figured out how
to use it. The trick to using the site is that there are two sets of
buttons. Moving through the page from top to bottom, the first set is for
the source language, while the second is for the target language; I figured
this out through trial and error. Once you get a hang of this, the rest is
straightforward. In the text box, you can type or copy and paste a string
of text or the URL of a website you want to translate. The option to
translate an entire document also seems to work, though I haven't gone
through all the steps. When you activate the link, you are given the option
to upload a file in the same manner you would if you were attaching a
document to an online form.

Finally, whether you use Google Translate or another program, please keep in
mind that no machine translator is as accurate as a human translator because
machines can't analyze the context in which words are used; consequently,
they often use words incorrectly.