Re: limit to dictionary

Hozefa Tambawala

The size of the dictionary depends upon the number of characters
entered in the dictionary including spaces.

On 4/18/15, Mario via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Soronel, when you reached the limit, did Jaws start to lag a bit in
responding to typing, and did either jdf become corrupted?
do you know if the limit also includes entries concerning other
languages in either the default and application dictionaries?
do you know how much space a full jdf takes up on the HD?
On 4/18/2015 11:23 AM, Soronel Haetir via Jfw wrote:
Jaws is limited to 2000 entries per dictionary, shared between the
user and shared configuration files.

Jaws has two dictionaries active at any given time (the default and
program specific dictionary, each of which loads user and shared
files), each of the default and program dictionaries can have up to
2000 entries so there is a limit of 4000 entries total.

And I know this because it is a limit I have actually reached.

On 4/18/15, Paul Martz via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
I don't know for certain but I'd be surprised to find out that there is
any
limit at all, other than the limits of the resources of your own
computer
system.

-Paul

On Apr 18, 2015, at 7:53 AM, Mario via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
wrote:

hi, does anyone know what is the limit to how many entries the
dictionary
can have? I heard the limit maybe 2000, but is that inclusive or
exclusive
of the default.jdf?

"Life is like a piano.
White keys are happy moments