From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Brian Varner
via Jfw
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2015 4:44 AM
To: Stan Bobbitt; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: a blind musician requesting help from other blind brothers
andsisters who love to sing and play

I've got more questions than answers. I've been singing with a jazz pianist
for 5 years and he isn't tech savy with music. I paid to get some studio
recordings done with him and have a demo CD. A lot of people have home
studios. I found one by doing a google search. The rate wasn't bad and
that included the editing. We did run over on time and that was more money
but not too much. I am looking for someone to add the tracks on the demo CD
to the 2 songs I have on soundcloud that I made with my digital recorder, an
olympus digital recorder with voice guidance. I had a friend who uploaded
them but he is being a pain in the butt right now and I don't even want to
ask him for help. I am finding out that I am "old fashioned" compared to
other singers, preferring to stick to the old jazz standards with just voice
and piano. I hope to work with a guitar player I know soon.I don't have a
newer computer because the one I use is provided through the company I work
for and has administrative settings that wil not allow me to update IE or
media player. I have issues using firefox on soundcloud. So, my only
suggestion is to find a sighted person in the short term but look for other
more tech savvy blind musicians as you are doing. There may be a group on
facebook.

Brian Varner
(search for Brian Varner and Mike Benjamin on soundcloud to hear the tunes I
recorded with the digital recorder)

On 4/11/15, Stan Bobbitt via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
My answer has been a laptop ... I get the songs I want from the
Internet, put them in a folder on the laptop, plug the laptop into my
sound system, split JAWS off to my headset/earpiece, select the song I
want from the folder with winamp, windows media player, whatever and sing
my heart out.

StanB