From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Coverdell
via Jfw
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2015 7:40 AM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: application file for jaws has stopped working error message in
windows 7 and jaws 14

This is probably the most important message I have sent to the list so
far, and the thing I need the most assistance with since it involves my
work. My issue is this.
A year ago, on my work pc, I experienced an up-grade from JAWS 12 to
JAWS 14, and from Windows xp to windows 7. On any given day it's not
uncommon for me to have at least half-a dozen windows-based applications up
that I use at different times: a couple of internet explorer windows to read
work-related documents, an instant message program to converse with my
supervisor and others, and two applications I use to help with customer
info. I use a focus 40 as a Braille display and Jaws pretty much as a
guide for some screens that it''s easier to process through speech rather
than Braille.
My issue is this. Sometimes, when switching between applications or
sometimes when pop-up messages appear, or when certain applications are
taking their time loading, Jaws freezes up. It might just be taking its time
I press the alt control plus j command to reload. What follows is Jaws
saying "application file for Jaws has stopped working and needs to close."
There are two options. Check online for a solution and close the program. I
tab to close the program and press enter. I have to do it several times
before it goes away. If a sighted person tries to use my mouse to assist
me during this time they can't because of the sluggishness of the system.
Have any of you in your work situations encountered this freezing problem
and how have you dealt with it? I need to find out how to prevent it. It
was not really an issue before I did my upgrade last year, but it is now all
the time. Any helpful hints would be appreciated. I look forward to hearing
(or I guess in my case it would be reading on my Pac Mate), about your
experiences with Jaws in your work enviornments.

Kindest regards,

Ryan Coverdell

P.S. Please keep the comments professional. I realize that many of
you are probably adept at doing google searches and such, but for specific
issues like this I would appreciate personal attention. I cannot call
FREEDOM SCIENTIFIC about this since I work when their hours are.