Re: How to check windows version and hardware

2.g.i <2.g.i.84972@...>

Hi Mike,
sorry about the slow reply,
I been having trouble getting mail out using Eudora.
I am on W7 32 bit & using a gmail account,
even though the messege says has been sent, it clearly doesnt go out.
So any ideas let me know please.

Regarding the systeminfo,
It works on xp pro,
but I tryed systeminfo out on a xp home system,
& I got the same result as you did, gee I been using that tool for around 5 years, & I have obviously never ran it on a xp home OS before.
So I checked, & no systeminfo.exe in the system32 folder on the xp home OS.

Are you running xp home?

Best wishes.

Hi 2.G.I,
Sorry about my last post, i didn't enter all the information & questions
that I intended to enter.
I am running XP & after I type, CMD, into the run dialog, press enter,
type in systeminfo, & press enter, this is the message I receive;
graphic 329 C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mike>systeminfo
'systeminfo' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
C:\Documents and Settings\Mike>W
Did I miss astep, or do these steps not work with XP? Thanks much, take
care.
Mike