From: "Brad Martin via Jfw" <jfw@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2015 8:11 PM
Subject: Brother Multifunction Printer Software and JAWS

I'm considering a new printer. Right now I have a brother laser printer, and it is top notch, but it is a printer only. I'm looking at a networkable all-in-one. I know I won't be able to read the display on the printer itself, but my understanding is that Brother multifunction units come with some sort of Brother MFL software. I would assume, perhaps incorrectly, that I could use that software to set my preferences when making photocopies (two sided or one sided for instance), and I could control the scanning process from the software rather than from the printer's LCD display which I couldn't read. Does anybody currently use the Brother software, and is it accessible? I have JAWS 15 on Windows 7 64-bit, and I'm reasonably computer savvy provided the controls read and don't say things like, "Button" "button" and "button." Have you had any luck with Brother multifunction units?

Thanks in advance,
--
Brad Martin
brad@... <mailto:brad@...>