From: Michal Nowicki via Jfw
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 11:05 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: Watching Videos with Flash player and JAWS

The key to controlling online media players lies in turning off the virtual
cursor by pressing Insert Z. When this is accomplished, tab through the web
page until system focus reaches the media player (you will often need to tab
through a bunch of links before you get there). On most sites, you will
know that you are where you need to be when JAWS announces the presence of a
"scrubber," or when you press Tab and JAWS doesn't say anything (apart from
alerting you that you pressed the Tab key if you have it set to speak access
keys). At this point, you should be able to do the following quite
successfully:
1. Press the Spacebar to pause the video and to resume playback.
2. Use the left and right arrow keys to rewind and fast forward
respectively.
3. Use the up and down arrow keys to adjust the volume.

Don't forget to press Insert Z to reactivate the virtual cursor when you are
done, as you will otherwise not be able to navigate the web page. I don't
know if these shortcuts work in all video environments, but they do
generally work with Adobe Flash Player and Microsoft Silverlight. Good
luck, and please share any additional strategies you come up with.

Best,

Michal