From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Allison Nastoff via Jfw
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 4:18 PM
To: Ann Byrne
Cc: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Microsoft Access

Thanks everyone for your support with this issue. That is a shame JAWS hasn't kept up with Microsoft Access since it sounds like a lot of employers use it. I don't know what kind of computer system my employer will have, but I will ask them about using SQL. I have downloaded a tutorial on Microsoft Access 2013, and plan to play with this software and make mock data sheets to get a feel for how accessible it is.
Has anyone used Microsoft's Narrator app that I believe was added to Windows 8? The company's own accessibility features ought to work on all their programs, and if I will be primarily using Microsoft Access, maybe I wouldn't even need to install JAWS at work if they are using Windows 8.
Allison Nastoff

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 13, 2015, at 3:45 PM, Ann Byrne <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Jaws doesn't have a lot of help with Access, but there are Microsoft hot keys. Someone suggested using SQL with the Access databases. would that work? You can read the Access stuff, it's the development that's the problem.
At 11:28 AM 3/13/2015, you wrote:
Hi All,
Is there anyone on this list who successfully uses JAWS and Microsoft Access database software in their jobs? I just landed a job with an employer that will use Microsoft Access a lot. I told them it would be accessible with JAWS because I have never had a problem with any other Microsoft products I have used so I just assumed JAWS was designed to work with all Microsoft products. I have since heard that Microsoft Access isn't fully accessible with JAWS.What elements of Microsoft Access have you found to be accessible and which elements were not? Were there any things that weren't accessible at first, but were made more accessible by making some kind of modification? Really nervous about this job so I would really appreciate insight if anyone has experience with this software. Thanks.
Allison Nastoff

Sent from my iPhone