Re: Microsoft Access

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

One tip. Reading field names as you tab over them doesn't work in Advanced verbosity; back it off just a notch and it'll work fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ann Byrne via Jfw
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2015 4:45 PM
To: Allison Nastoff; The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Microsoft Access

Jaws doesn't have a lot of help with Access, but there are Microsoft hot keys. Someone suggested using SQL with the Access databases. would that work? You can read the Access stuff, it's the development that's the problem.
At 11:28 AM 3/13/2015, you wrote:
Hi All,
Is there anyone on this list who successfully uses JAWS and Microsoft
Access database software in their jobs? I just landed a job with an
employer that will use Microsoft Access a lot. I told them it would be
accessible with JAWS because I have never had a problem with any other
Microsoft products I have used so I just assumed JAWS was designed to
work with all Microsoft products. I have since heard that Microsoft
Access isn't fully accessible with JAWS.What elements of Microsoft
Access have you found to be accessible and which elements were not?
Were there any things that weren't accessible at first, but were made
more accessible by making some kind of modification? Really nervous
about this job so I would really appreciate insight if anyone has
experience with this software. Thanks.
Allison Nastoff

Sent from my iPhone