Re: Alt key stops working

Aleeha Dudley

I’ve actually had this happen on a couple of dell laptops, also running windows seven and JAWS 16. The only thing that works is a restart.
Aleeha Dudley and Seeing Eye Dog Dallas
Vice President, Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users
Vice President, Ohio Association of Blind Students
Both proud divisions of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
Email: blindcowgirl1993@gmail.com <mailto:blindcowgirl1993@gmail.com>
“The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse’s ears.” - Arabian proverb

On Feb 27, 2015, at 3:44 PM, Russell Solowoniuk via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever run into the issue where the alt key stops working?
This is happening on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7 and Jaws 16.
What will happen is all of a sudden the alt key just does nothing. In
a Word document, pressing the alt key will not bring up the menubar.
The same thing happens in every program, including the Jaws Window.
Alt tab will still work, but no luck bringing up the menubar in any
program. The only way to fix the problem is to re-boot the laptop.
This is happening on a regular basis. It will work after a re-boot,
but will stop again at random times.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Russell